Tuesday, February 25, 2003

Faith and Feeling

I haven't posted in a while. I don't have much to say right now. It's not like I'm having a spiritual crisis or anything, but, most of the posts I've made previously came from "overflow". You know, when you're really feeling your faith. Lately I'm not feeling my faith. That's not a crisis, it's just a fact. My faith is present. It's not shaken (or stirred). But sometimes you don't feel it. I posted briefly before about mysticism, and how that's not really in the cards for me. I accept the fact that all I have is faith, and that just barely.

This might sound like a negative post, but that's not my intention. My intention is to declare that having the gift of faith is just fine with me. Sometimes you're on a high, you feel like a fire-eater, like you can do anything. Sometimes you just try to make it day-by-day without doing anything that will bring disgrace to the Body of Christ. Sometimes you're gaze is upon heaven, sometimes your gaze is upon the clock, waiting for time to go home. For me it's enough to start each day with the desire to live like a Christian and see what happens. I hate it when I get caught up on "how I'm doing" as a disciple. It's pointless. I need to learn to just live. Leave the good that I might do at the foot of the Cross and the bad that I do in the same place.

Why am I babbling like this? I dunno. Just blowing off a little existential angst, or some big words like that. Am I making any sense? Probably not. Thanks for listening anyway.